Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My Inspiration

I got my inspiration on how I was going to start my blog, in of all places the bank. While I was talking with one of the managers we got on the topic of how important it is in life to do what you love for your life’s work, and to always remember that it isn’t always about promoting something or selling something, but it’s more about helping people find the information you know could really help them out. Our brief conversation reminded me of the current position I am in and how I truly do enjoy helping people achieve their educational goals.

My private educational consulting firm, College Strategies LLC, affords me the opportunity to work one-on-one with students who are serious about choosing the right college or university, and are focused on making sure they do everything in their power to optimize their collegiate experience. My job is to guide students through the college admission process by providing professional expertise. And I can happily say that I love what I do, and will continue advising students as long as they keep coming to me for help.

Which leads me to creating this blog. Whereas my company allows me to work one-on-one with students where I can provide detailed information and professional suggestions for them specifically, I also feel it is important to share general information and professional opinions about the college admission process to the masses, or in this case anyone willing to read.

I am always reminded by people I meet and work with that the journey to college can be a confusing and daunting task for those unfamiliar with the process or those limited with time. So I hope in my future post I can help you at least begin to navigate your way!

Cordially,
Chrystal

No comments: